Mt Solo Community Garden Wait-List
Coming Soon! Mt Solo Community Garden! Located at 5746 Mt Solo Rd. Longview. We are opening the waitlist for the Mt Solo Community Garden plots that will be available for access by May 31 (weather permitting). There will be 36-40 10’10’ garden plots available. Please enter your contact information to reserve your plot today. Plot availability will be a first come, first serve basis, and limited to two plots per registrant. If the plots are filled, you will be added to a waitlist and contacted when a plot becomes available (we are looking to expand plot space in 2024).
Be added to the waitlist by filling out the form below
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden Rules and Etiquette
Rules & Regulations
- Garden spaces are for growing crops for personal use seasonally. Selling crops for monetary gain is not allowed.
- Gardeners may only use the 10’ x 10’ space assigned to them.
- Garden maintenance is the responsibility of each gardener
- Weeds must be controlled/removed from all planted and non-planted areas of your plot(s). If for any reason you cannot care for your plot(s), you must decide to have your plot(s) maintained.
- It is each gardener’s responsibility to prepare the soil in your plot(s) for planting, this includes rotor-tilling your plot(s).
- Pets are allowed in the garden, but must be on a leash, picked up after, and kept out of all gardens other than your own.
- Cannabis cannot be grown, including plants on the Washington State Weed Control or Cowlitz County list of noxious weeds.
- To conserve water, gardeners must be present when watering their gardens and irrigation is not to be left unattended. No overhead (oscillating or fan) sprinklers permitted.
- Gardeners must remove all stakes, cages, posts, poles, wood, string, hoses, tools, structures, garbage cans, chairs etc. when finished for the season. Corn stalks must be chopped up before leaving or removed.
- The use of sterilant and herbicides is prohibited. Let’s keep our gardens safe!
- To discourage absentee gardeners, plot renters must begin actively working their sites or forfeit their space by June 10.
- Gardeners failing to follow rules and maintain their space by keeping plot(s) weed free may lose their privileges to use garden space(s) for the remainder of the season and the following year(s).
- Please be considerate of neighboring gardens and do not allow plants to invade or encroach into other gardens. Please do not use other gardeners’ tools without permission.
- Use of household pesticide is allowed, but you are encouraged to coordinate with the neighboring gardeners and be cautious and respectful of organic gardeners
- Children are wonderful gardeners but need to be under adult supervision at all times.
- Harvesting promptly and please do not pick from other gardens.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated parking lot.
- Close and lock the gates each time you enter or exit. Please do not leave the gate open or unlocked after passing through.
- Place cover of water spigot back on after use Cowlitz PUD is not responsible for any loss or damage to crops, equipment, or material.